Monday, May 28, 2012

I Need You To Survive.

"It's okay, Kamari baby!! Cough it up, you're not gonna get any better if you don't!" The next week was terrible. Mari was coming down with a really bad cold, Safaree's job was working him like hell, and Bri was tied up with so much school stuff.

"Muhmi eh hur!" Mari cried wailing her arms everywhere.

"I know, baby. I know." Nicki was persistently coughing her back and giving her medicine as it was needed. But, with Mari being one.. the struggle was real.

"I wan daddy!!" She cried.

"Kamari, stop! Be a big girl! Daddy is at work. He made you an appointment." Nicki said. He was currently the Vice President of Kay Jewelers and was working non stop. Brielle was just now getting home from school at this time as she walked through the door.

"Ma, we can hear her all the way outside!!" Bri sighed, dropped her bag by the couch, and made her way to the kitchen to get a snack.

"Not now, Brielle." Nicki rolled her eyes. "How did you get home. anyway? I could have sworn you told me you were staying after school?"

"Jamie's mom took me home."

"I don't know who that is. You're responsible enough to know I don't want you getting rides from friends I don't know!" Nicki snapped.
"Okay, sorry. It won't happen again. Promise." Brielle forced a smile and made her way to her room.

Soon after, Safaree called Nicki.

Nicki: Hey baby.
Safaree: Wussup?
Nicki: Comforting your daughter. Did you schedule that appointment like I asked you too? Her cough has gotten really bad.
Safaree: Oh shit! I am so sorry. I forgot!
Nicki: *sighs* Safaree!! Now they're not open until Thursday evening and we can't wait that long. How can you possibly forget and I drilled it in your head? What if she has the damn flu?
Safaree: Ughh. Look. I'm sorry. Take her to the hospital. And she doesn't have the damn flu, you're overreacting.
Nicki: No I'm not paying 100 dollars to go to the hospital. She doesn't have a pediatrician there! How am I overreacting, Safaree? She's been coughing for hours on end, the medicine isn't working, her fever is above high, and she keeps sneezing. Thats what you call overreacting?
Safaree: Bye Nicki *click*

Kamari was still crying her eyes out but this time it was even louder. So, Nicki decided to take her up to her  room and to lay her down for a nap. Hopefully, that will make her feel better. She turned on a pink sound soother above Mari's crib. It always helped.

"Finally." Nicki whispered to herself. She was pissed off at Safaree. This was the most pissed she's been at him in a long time. He never forgot things. But, of course he forgets something as big as this. Brielle came running down the hallway into Mari's room out of no where.

"Mama, can I please get my phone back? It's been like 3 days!" She begged.

"No! You're not getting it back anytime soon, not after the way you disrespected your principal. You can only get your computer back for school stuff." Nicki looked at her like she was stupid.

"Well, I need the laptop for this essay that has to be typed! It's on the Civil War."

"Okay. I believe you. It's on the dresser next to my bed." She rushed downstairs to her mother's master bedroom. Fuck is an essay? She was only using it to get on facebook and twitter. Piece of Cake. All she had to do was delete the history.

Safaree came home about 30 minutes later and Nicki was struggling to feed Kamari.

"Daddy!!" She yelled.

"Hi, princess!" He took off his suit and sat next to Nicki. "I don't get a hi?" He asked.

"No." She rolled her neck.

"You still mad at me, baby?" He leaned in for a kiss but Nicki rejected it.

"Mad? I'm pissed!" She threw away the food that Amari was done eating.

"I forgot. Big deal." He threw his hands on the table and raised his voice.

"BIG DEAL, SAFAREE? YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT THIS A BIG DEAL."

"WHY COULDN'T YOU CALL YOURSELF?"

"BECAUSE I ASKED YOU TO DO IT!" She slammed the refrigerator getting a cup of orange juice.

Brielle came downstairs to return her laptop.

"Are you guys done fighting?" She asked.

"Yeah, my bad." Safaree said.

"Yeah, your bad!" Nicki replied.

Brielle rolled her eyes.

"Anyway, when is dinner gonna be done?"

"I don't know. Go check on your sister, please and thank you." Nicki was aggravated as shit.

"Don't take it out on her, Nicki." Safaree said.

"I'M NOT!" She yelled and Kamari started crying and coughing.

"Great!" Safaree got up and changed her diaper but she was still crying. He tried suctioning out the mucus but it still didn't help.

"God, she's burning up!" He took her temperature and it was 100.4 degrees. "Get the car, we're taking her to the hospital!"

"Wait, Faree. You're moving to damn fast. What is it?"

"100.4."

"God, I'll get the car." Nicki sighed. "Brielle, come down here now! Safaree, get the car seat please."




They all got in the car and rushed their way to the hospital with Mari still crying.

"What's wrong? Why can't we figure it out Faree?" Nicki started to cry.

"It's okay Nicki." They were stuck at a red light for about 3 minutes. So, Safaree decided to run it.

"We'll be getting a ticket in the mail." Brielle said looking back.

"Bri.." Safaree said looking at her through the rearview mirror.

"K. Sorry. I'll shutup now." They pulled into the  hospital parking lot at CHLA. 



- In The Hospital -

"Child's name?" The clerk at the front desk asked.

"Kamari Marie Samuels" Safaree said pulling out his insurance card.

"Thank You. You guys are going to have to wait over there for a doctor."

"How long?" He asked.

"45 minutes to an hour!"

"Uhm, we don't have all day. I'm sure you have a doctor on this floor who isn't busy." Nicki pointed out.

"No, I'm sorry. You have to wait just like everyone else."

Nicki turned around and there were 5 people already sitting down.

"Safaree, we don't have time for this shit! If you would have called the lady like I asked we wouldn't be here!" She raised her voice.

Kamari started crying louder and louder and then she stopped and wouldn't whine, wimper, or make any noises.

"Mari?" Nicki shook her and she didn't respond!!

"Kamari!!" She shook her again and no response.

"Shit!"Safaree said through her teeth.

"We need a doctor on level 2 immediately!" yelled the clerk into the intercom from her desk.

She came over and grabbed Kamari from Nicki's arm and immediately made her to a room.

"You two the parents? Follow me."

Safaree held Nicki as they made their way down the halls.

"Faree, I'm scared!" She wimpered.

"It's gonna be okay... it's gonna be okay." He promised.

7 comments:

  1. =OOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! MAKE KAMARI OKAY!! IMMA CRY! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!! KEE! FIX HEEERR!! *prays that she'll be okay* She needs to live. idc idc idc. She NEEEEEEEDS to live!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ppdsggjkaskglsdgd OMGGGG WHAT'S WRONG DDDDDDDD; fix this fix this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SIIIIRRRRR DDDDD:< WHY YOU MAKE HER SICK?! :((((((( I hope she's okay :(((((((((((((((((((((((((( Wtf

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Make her okay! And make Nicki beat Safaree's ass. And Bri needs an attitude adjustment, immediately. I like your fic alot tho.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shit fuck damn asshole what the hell is gunna happen to Mari ?? Nicki calm zown she going off on everybody must be stressed ! Need some dick or a vacation ????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw poor Mari sick, she is such a daddy girl. FOH Safaree like how the hell u forget, ugh do better my nigga and then he hung up in Nicki face... Ch *rolls eyes* SMDH @ Bri thats al i got to say. OMFG wuts wrong with Mari =( she needs to be ok OMG
    ~@NickiMmemphis

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Bri stankin ass get caught! Lmao. My Mari Lord knows she'll be okay! Safaree fucking up doe like he need to get his priorities straight!

    ReplyDelete